Thursday, August 03, 2006

happy birthday!!

yesterday was my nephew's birthday. called him 3 times because of this. the 1st time was early in the morning where i sang him a birthday song and he shyly said 'yaaaay'. 2nd time after he came back from school for details but he was too engrossed in his cake that he simply answered me. the 3rd time was at night where i played a juke box which play a birthday song and asked him to listen. he was so quiet there listening to the music that he suddenly shouted 'i know, happy birthday'.
2 days ago my sister told me what a sore loser my nephew was. he played snake and ladder with his dad and was about to win when he hit a snake and had to went down the board. he tried to avoid that by saying that the snake was scared of him, but of course he had to follow the rule and he lost to his dad. he ended up crying like somebody abused him. another game he played with his dad was chess and when his dad ate his horse, he took a toy gun saying that his warrior need to get extra protection. a sore loser indeed.
yesterday my sister told me that he woke up and went to him mum room saying that it was his birthday, he was already 5 years old and asked his mom to change quickly. puzzled, his mom asked why and his answer was "today i birthday. so you must go to hospital, the baby must come out. i 5 years already, faster changing". lol - apparently he assumed his birthday means the baby's birthday as well.
when the hamster gave birth, i asked him "the hamster just come already have babies. when is your mommy's baby coming out?". the next thing i heard from my mom was that he kept on asking why his mom hasn't give birth when the hamster had.
he was quite a critic that if i joke and lied to him he would asked me back "why you lie to me?" or if i use the word 'lah' he would complained "hey, why you said lah?" as his mom told him no 'lah' at the end of any sentence.
better think twice before saying anything to little kids.

No comments: