Tuesday, August 15, 2006

a gift or a curse?

i do wonder if there is a 'vent-your-anger-on-me-i-am-your-trash-bin' written all over my face?

back in school time, a friend always vent her anger on me. i tolerated it and approached her asking why. once done, she would burst in tears sharing all her problems with me. okay, it could be her way of telling me that she had a problem though there were times i was annoyed with her behaviour as well. but then again, she is my friend.
back in my previous company, my friend out of the blue suddenly showed tantrum without any reason. as usual, i asked why to no avail. few weeks later we found out that someone spread rumours about her and after everything was out and the air was cleared she acted like nothing had happened. of course i forgive about all the tantrums but still i tend to make a distance everytime we meet, the bitterness is still there in my heart.
and now - boy oh boy. everyone's been telling how good i am in tolerating this girl's tantrums. for me, if you are my friend i don't mind going a long way to make you happy as long as it is not against my religion and my family values. i've been the one doing the arrangement, set-up and stuff just to makesure everyone is happy and contented. but not until now when i felt so darn annoyed with the result. being tolerance doesn't mean i have to abandon my friends simply to follow someone's wish. i am not that sort of person. i think it is time for me to have a stronger stand. it's not easy being a people pleaser. like one of us said 'didn't we learn something new about someone tonight', i too learned that i need to please myself before pleasing someone else. i know i had my shares of moodiness that annoyed others as well, but i tend to withdrew or kept silence when i was in that state, not throwing tantrum.
well - i have to start being more firm now. i have started by saying a firm no when my boss called on sunday evening asking if i could come to the office when i know i have done everything. and for those who i had annoyed when i was in a moody state - my sincere apologies *smile* , i'm no longer the moody person i used to be back in schooling time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so di buzz nggak? hehe
udah.. adem..adem.. minum air es gih

Simply Baby said...

emang susah nih jadi orang gak tegaan!