Tuesday, October 02, 2007

When Priorities is Set Wrongly

as known, monday is my tennis day. i didn't fast on the 1st monday of tennis, no session last week, so yesterday was my 1st tennis during fasting month. as usual i will meet the girls after i'm done with praying and stuff. but yesterday was a totally different experience for me. since we moved to this new building, i'm having problem with praying. there's no place cater for female that we still do it at the old building. but now that it's already closed, ready to be demolished, the only place to do is the mosque at UOB plaza. quite a distance, but what to do...
even for the past fasting months, i normally do my gym then rushed of to the mosque for my prayer. so yesterday was the 1st time i waited for maghrib in the mosque. as soon as the time comes, i did my prayer and left. i didn't wait for the rest because they're still eating whatever food provided, which smells good actually. everyone looked at me puzzled which wasn't a surprise - i was there with my bag, my carrier and my racket. i pretended not to know, opened the door to leave. shoot!! the hallway was full with males breaking fast together. there's no way i could leave the place that i went inside and waited again. few ladies asked if i have jacket to wear so that i can walk through (i am wearing short sleeve). since i didn't have one, i waited for like 15 minutes and then left, trying to pass through a throng of males. managed to go out and i took my phone out to call my friends informing them that i'm on my way. i missed the step and fell down. thank God there's a stone bench in front of me that kinda stopped me from falling flat. with my long skirt and all i know it's definitely not a pleasant view.
so after all that incident, i reached the meeting place and had to wait like 10 mins for the rest to arrive. darn! i kinda feel like all that happened is a 'sign' from the big Guy up there 'cos like it or not i have to admit that i rushed things with Him just for a tennis game. if i take things slowly, i could've done the prayer together with the rest and i would've left just at the right time without missing that one stupid step.

No comments: