Monday, October 01, 2007

Random Thoughts ...

this year's fasting month is a bit different from the last few years i had. why? well, a lot of people who's not observing it kinda break fast together with me and i think i spend almost every weekend explaining the purpose of fasting, what are the dos and don'ts - a lot!
just like the saturday vb. when i missed one serve a friend shouted to give me a break as i'm fasting. everybody in court was amazed with the fact that i am observing it and still managed to play vb. well the sun was scorching i have to admit that i took it slow, but it's not my 1st time fasting! when i was chilling, taking a break from the sun, a friend told the other chillers that i am fasting - another round of 'woh'. while we were walking back again the information was passed to the guy who walked home with us and again a surprise look.
another interesting part is that though i am the one fasting yet everyone else are the ones busy with breaking fast. one kept on looking at his watch, one asked me to sit while she took whatever i want, one ensure that i had enough fluid as soon as the time to break fast came, one almost stopped me from searching for a coke, and all sort of thing that makes me feel like an invalid. even i had to insist on walking as they're afraid i have no energy left.
they respect me, that's for sure. they waited until i'm done with all my duties before we do stuff. i am touch with their attitude. honestly a lot of people have a wrong impression about islam, especially with all the things that happen in the world. sometimes i wonder what is on their mind when someone asked why i don't order alcoholic beverages and i answered its due to my religion. but all these kindness shown during my fasting month makes me happy and confidence that friendship has no boundaries. and i hope i too make them understand my religion better.

No comments: