Monday, October 08, 2007

Important Number

after stuffing myself with food and ice-cream *and chocolate and fruits and cookies* we went for a walk. the initial intention was to get myself a luggage. what i want is either over my budget or not my colour. i guess i'll just go back to oub centre and get it from there tomorrow. this will be interesting, 1/2 day leave - get a luggage - reach home - pack in a rush and leave again for my 6pm flight.
anyways, i was lazy to take train or bus so i joined the taxi queue. my friend told me about a taxi driver she and her workmates frequent. got the number and called him. less than few minutes i was on my way home! chatted with the taxi driver along my journey home about this booking via him, bypassing the call centre. he said he and his team will talk to each other and find a taxi for whoever calls any of them and it's always confirmed there will be one available as his members are from all the taxi company. i asked about the call centre and the on-call sign. he said if you see an empty taxi with a busy sign - that might be one of us. i assure him that he'll be receiving calls from me quite often. at the same time i asked if i could distribute his numbers to friends and families, and he said yes. so let me know if anyone is interested - this is very very useful duing the peak hours where you can't get through the call centre.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

me!
so did he charge the booking fee?

Simply Baby said...

yupe, he charges as per normal - just that we bypass the call centre.
you've got text :)