Sunday, April 16, 2006

Rock Climbing ..

Yupe - together with cindy and ally, I just came back from the indoor rock climbing workshop.
FINALLY!! have been eyeing this activity for sooo long, I was so happy when I found out that cindy was also interested and when we have to find people to join for the workshop ally said he wanted to try as well.
So there we were, attending the 2 hours workshop. We had 30 mins of theory before trying on the climbing. Sooo fun. It was so funny when I had to hold the rope when ally did his climbing; when he was on his way down I didn't squat properly so I actually went up - being pulled up by his weight!! The instructor pulled me down else two of us would be hanging there. People around us laughed and we couldn't help but laughed as well. I ended up letting go of the rope pretty fast that he went down pretty fast so he started to scream as well 'cos if I didn't control he might crashed on the floor. Luckily the instructor was around and asked me to slow down. Poor ally, I was so tense that I didn't let go of the rope when he was already on the ground that he kept on squeaking asking for more rope to be released. It's a little bit painful for guys compared to girls being pulled up that way. haha .. thinking of it now makes me laugh again...
We did our trial at the intermediate wall then did on our own at the beginner wall - 3 of us managed to reach the top here then we continued to the intermediate wall where cindy had difficulty and then me and ally tried on the advance wall. I actually lost my grip in the intermediate wall once that my rope twisted and I hit my back on the rock - it was quite painful but it didn't stop me from trying again.
Advance wall was so tough - we tried 2 different walls where ally had to push me up on one of it else I wouldn't be able to get my grip on the 2nd rock. Even with him pushing me I had difficulty getting my hand on the rock - really test my upper body here. Its more tough when ally was the one holding the rope down there as he would not let me down until I reach the top - its good actually as I have to try again and again though once I totally gave up as my grips were getting weak and I couldn't find a way up I simply shouted again and again that I wanted to go down until he really let me down.
Had lunch afterwards where as usual we talked about all stuff and this was when I realised.. really realised that what I've been thinking about was actually not there - I have been thinking of it simply because I was just in love with the idea - not more not less ... hopefully this stays the way it is.
Rock Climbing wise - we definitely going to do it again another day ... definitely

No comments: