Saturday, April 01, 2006

went for a professional networking session last night. it was a fun night though you have to brave yourself and mingle with all those strangers finding topic to talk about. truth be known, I'm suck at this - I always judge myself and sometimes feel intimidated when I'm out of my comfort zone. I really have to brush up my communication and networking skill. it's a great night meeting lots of interesting people from all kind of workline, though mostly are in finance or business. The organiser (it's 's' not 'z' as commented by some folks last night) was happy with the turnout that they decided to move to another place for the 2nd session but we left early as we wanted to catch the 1st episode of the 2nd season of Lost. On my way home I checked my mobile and realised there's 7 missed call from my uncle. Apparently another uncle of mine was hospitalised and I need to rush to the hospital as everyone is waiting for me there so that we could go home together. Taxi was so difficult to find even calling one seemed impossible that I managed to booked one 15 minutes after calling. Took so long for the cab to come that my uncle asked me to cancel and go home as the patient was already asleep. I felt soo bad - gonna pay a visit during my lunch break today.

No comments: