Monday, July 24, 2006

families...

my sis was in town just for one night, hence she wouldn't be able to visit all the uncles and aunties here. i only took her out to visit my dad's brother who's very old and our grand auntie who was recently discharged from a hospital. the rest? she simply called to say hi as i guess that's the least courteous thing she need to do.
today my uncle came to see her with his whole family. my sis was quite overwhelmed by this as she's only here for a night. i was happy as well as finally my cousin helped fixing my wall clock - thanks, ghaz!
i was thinking of not sending her off to the airport but i changed my mind when i learned that my aunties were going to the airport to send her off. my uncle, who's wife is sick, at first didn't plan to send her to the airport but changed his mind when seeing the things my sis had to carry home. so there we were 8 people all squeezed in his car to the airport. once we're at the aiport i was overwhelmed with the number of people there. apart from aunties, there were cousins, cousin in-law, little niece and even a future cousin in-law. all these simply to send off a girl who only spent one night here. i guess blood is blood, however it is everyone will try to be there for everyone else. i know my sis was happy seeing the crowd that she said it's like going for a pilgrimage.
i always value families - my parents taught us this since we were young. hari raya celebration normally runs for a month for us as we would visit all families including those staying in bogor. with daddy getting old, we cut all this down but we still have to visit those that is older than us even when they're younger than my parents. my parents insisted on all these and me being here means i have to do the family visiting cum hari raya or attending all the weddings simply as my mum put it "if you don't want to know your family, who will help you when you are down, who will come to your funeral?". as harsh as it may sound, i see a good point in it. though sometimes it's quite annoying that the wedding duty also applies to her friends here, such a social person mum is.
so to all my families - i treasure the strong bonding we have.

3 comments:

biKi said...

senengnya punya keluarga kayak elo bab. walopun sebagian besar waktu buat keluarga, tp semua2nya pasti balik lg ke kita :) tp bab.. jangan lupa sama kita2 ya hehehe..

juwi said...

Seru, ya, seru. Mungkin mirip yang di filem my big fat greek wedding (kayaknya kebalik-balik, nih, lupa gue).

Simply Baby said...

iya lah bik .. sama lah, lu juga banyak acara keluarga pan ;)
kayaknya bener dah juw, gue juga suka kebalik2 :P
si nadine lagi berjuang neh *gak nyambung* :P