Thursday, July 20, 2006

boring or loyal?

when i bought my breakfast this morning *wholemeal chicken delight* the lady said 'i haven't see you for quite some time'. feeling bad telling her that i went somewhere for breakfast as i wasn't leading a healthy life last week i simply said that i was on leave. she then told her staff to get the sandwich for me.

i begin wondering about all other things that i'm so accustomed to even other people is aware of it.
at another place where i frequent buying my breakfast, the staff simply look at me and point her fingers asking for assurance. once i nod my head she will shout in chinese 'wholemeal toast tuna egg mayo small'. she even told the rest of her workmates that i ordered the same thing and informed the rest who then looked at me and nodded. so it's simply a nod from me to get my breakfast there. everytime i go out with friends and knowing that i don't take any alcoholic beverage they will looked at me and said 'the usual?' and when i nod a 'you're so boring' or 'you're so predictable' comments would be out. whenever i go out with friends and they need to go to the bar to order drinks, without asking me a diet coke would always be in front of me. when come to foods, well this is fine if i'm predictable as they know if it's not halal certified i'd settle with seafood. and of course the 'no calamari here girl' comments will be heard here and there.
my daily fruits at the office are the same *jambu and starfruit, cut together with powder* that the seller simply look at me and smile knowing i'd be ordering the same thing.
even the food stall across my house kinda know what my order would be that he simply looked and nodded at me, i only need to nod back to get my chicken chop without fries prepared.

hmm .. am i that predictable when it comes to things i like?

1 comment:

juwi said...

I think it's good to be predictable about things I like :-). Unfortunately, I myself sometimes don't know what I really like.
Jadi mungkin elu mesti bangga dong, tau apa yang elu mau :-).