Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A Walk To Remember

few years back my younger sis kept on asking me to watch this movie whenever i was home and i always ended up watching hindi movie. until i read the book like 2 or 3 years ago i decided to have my hand on the movie the next time i'm home. but my other sister and her hubby always have more interesting movies to watch, movie that i wasn't aware of or movie that i missed when it's showing here. so the want is finally forgotten. until few weeks ago i don't know why but i just want to watch it. i tried 2 stores but they didn't carry it. so yesterday, on my way home i made a stop at this neigbourhood video shop and asked for it. they only have the vcd and it costs $6.95 that i grabbed it and watched it immediately.
hmm, i still love the book better. the movie lacks the emotion i felt when reading the book. they omitted the walk which i think was part of the best moment. even the climax was cut short. i still feel a little emotional though. a nice chick-flick, thats my verdict. i can't expect more than that, after all when can a movie surpass the novel it's based on?

No comments: