Wednesday, March 26, 2008

*Splash*

i was supposed to do my run today but thanks to my boss i couldn't. she asked me to assist her in checking some figures and yet she went home! i couldn't do my run and work on this afterwards as she kept calling me every few minutes with the same sentence "how is it?" anyways, no intention on ranting about work here. so i ended up staying late while my body was so restless for some activities. i ended up going home and thought of going for a swim. i called the pool on my way home, asking the closing time and the crowd. i was told the olympic pool is used for waterpolo but the training is open and at this this around it wouldn't be that pack. great!
once home, i changed and went to the pool. i was a bit disheartened seeing the pool not as empty as i was hoping. i walked 'til the end and walked back home. reaching the traffic light i made a turn and went back to the pool. again i turned and instead of walking home i made one turn, hoping by then the crowd will be lesser. went back with the same result. i wasn't wearing my glasses so i couldn't see that clear to add to that. i made a final decision to go home. it's not a nice walk home as i was feeling so very restless and my mind kept on imagining me plunging myself in water, feeling so fresh and all. i was also happy to feel this restlessness, a sign that my body is craving for activities like the old days. few steps from the lift, again i made a turn and walked back to the pool. this time around i went in and sat awhile. what the heck, the crowd wasn't that bad anyway. and so i went in, did a few lapse and stopped when i felt breatheless. i can't believe i've been missing this wonderful activity for more than a year now....
ps. i received 3 missed calls once i'm done with my swim. who else but my boss explaining the reason she got that figure... ckckck

No comments: