Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Counting My Blessings

in three words, i can sum up everything i’ve learnt about life: it goes on
-Robert Frost (the leap years)

many things happened since i was given another year to stay on earth.
mum's doing well after the surgery. my family are always there for each other through thick and thin. they might not be expressive in showing their love but we just know how much love we have for each other from the actions taken. i've been given another niece to spoil dearly. i've been blessed with that great little thing called family.
i always wanted to do some backpacking around asia. vietnam has always been a dream of mine that somehow ended up at the back of my mind. i got a chance to do my own backpacking in siem reap and somehow i ended up taking a trip to ho chi minh city with my friend. i've been blessed what that wonderful thing called opportunity.
i was upset with what happened at work early last year. boss postponed granting my wish to move to the professional side and was cold towards me. i decided to give up on the idea of moving when she asked me about it again and life went back to normal. i don't have to drag myself out of bed everyday, a sign that i'm still happy with what i'm doing. bonus is always a crap but i am surrounded by nice workmates and opportunity to learn something new. i can't say i am satisfied career wise and i still have a dream for my future. but i've decided to take it slow, one at a time and focus in achieving it instead of feeling unhappy with things like i was early last year. hey, i've been blessed with a job that provides me with a steady income.
i decided to have a try on beach volley ball and that was one of the things i will never ever regret doing. i've meet many new loving friends. friends to share laughter with. to argue with. to share opinion with. to have fun with. sometimes i just can't believe the fact that we're all strangers at one point of time. i've been blessed with loads of lovely friends.
i learn to be more expressive and open. i learn to push the pride down and show my real feelings towards my friends *and families* even if it means showing my vulnerabilities/insecurities. and i just love the fact that it actually strenghten the friendship. for this, i have to thank one dearest friend. she makes me realise that the best way to explain things is to just be open without a fear of being judged. the trustness and closeness are definitely stronger now. i've been blessed with love.
the said count your blessings. but i can't ... its uncountable!!
i've been blessed with health. i've been blessed with food. i've been blessed with so many other small little things in life. i've been blessed with great stuff. i've been so very blessed by God.
and what do i do in return? none...
i am 34yrs of age today. i still have so many plans. i still have so many dreams. my to do list keeps getting longer and longer but i've decided to focus on one item at a time. not just talk or dream or plan about it but DO IT. just like the water flowing through the river, life goes on. it doesn't wait for you to catch up with them.
as i grow a year older today, i hope i too get wiser.
i hope to be a better person for my belief, my parents, my family, my friends, and myself.
another year. another opportunity.....

No comments: