Thursday, August 23, 2007

Priorities

my plan on cable skiing this saturday have to be postponed. somehow i already have the feeling that it won't happened. my plan to do this then home and rest first got cancelled when i got a call from my auntie. i felt bad after she asked me where have i disappeared to now that my uncle is no longer alive. my intention of skipping the birthday party was immediately cancelled and i promised her to be attending her grandkids' 21st birthday. seems like this 21st birthday thingy is so important here! told her i'd be leaving early as i had another engagement only ended up with her questioning me. where? who? how? haha. told her not to worry as my parents know every steps i take and she said its just she felt responsible being the wife of my dad's eldest brother. i felt very bad really. she reminded me again that whatever i do, make sure i guard my family's name and reputation. yes ma'am. thanks for the advice.
my auntie called me about a wedding this sunday. i knew i'd say no. but when i heard her explanations, 'we're invited by the owner of that pariaman stall. she's a friend of the family.' i know mum will be okay if i don't go as its not a close relative but i asked her if by any chance the meal would be from their own restaurant. she said yes so and i said 'ok! i'll be there'. it sounds greedy but hey, i'm just being plain honest. but then i realised just few hours ago that it'll clash with the bazaar in the indonesian embassy. already made arrangements with two of my friends and now i have to make a choice. indonesian food vs. pariaman. no brainers if i choose the 1st one right. all i need to do now is to tell my aunts about this.

No comments: