Friday, August 31, 2007

Death

somehow the topic discussed during our weekly breakie is death. because of what's happenning lately i guess. a sudden death of one guy in my office. a death of my friend's friend's boyfriend *what a chain* when they're planning their wedding. and so we started asking ourselves. are we prepared if the angel of death suddenly come knocking on our door.
sidetrack a bit - i remember during my teenage years, when mum&dad asked us to switch off TV and do the prayer. if we're in the middle of something we'd said 5 more mins. or we went upstairs and switched on the TV to continue what we're watching in a minimum voice if not mute. somehow they always found out about this and mum would said 'good, later when the angel of death come, ask him to wait 5 mins ya!'
life eh, very fragile. it is after all not ours to have full control of.
back to our conversation now. we ended up asking each other if we're ready in case we die any moment. one said yes 'cos she felt that until now she always live her life to the fullest. another girl said no because she doesn't have enough yet to leave behind in terms of money (i commented on her being so materialistic), but then that's the way she is. whereas myself? my answer was half and half, yes and no as i'm so very not prepared on the spiritual side.
writing this makes me think of it again. there's so much i still want to have my hands on. so much i want to do to make my parents happier. so many things i still want to achieve. so many dreams i haven't fulfilled. and of course there's still a long way for me to go to be a good servant in the eyes of the creator . so if you asked me again i'd probably said no because of all the things written above. but hey, just like you can't pick and choose your family, you can't pick and choose the when and how are you going to die.

No comments: