Saturday, November 04, 2006

what a day ...

after spending time with the IT guy and vendor 'til 11ish last night, i came to office with the same problem. the vendor came and changed the motherboard, rebuilding the raid and now we're crossing our fingers, toes, and eyes that everything will be smooth. boss was asking indirectly if i could cancel my leave but i firmly said no. once in a while i have to stand up for myself, eh. well everything was ready before 4 that i had to rush with the hr stuff and suddenly the finance asked me to reload the gl with some changes. murphy's law indeed. my hands were shaking doing all those stuff. to play safe i disabled all jobs and asked cm to do it manually on monday. i felt bad not attending the early happy hour knowing the event was moved to 10 am and few non-alcoholic beverages were provided for me. sorry mich, been bailing out from you for several times that i promised to make it up on day. thank god i managed to rush out of the office by 4.30.
there's always light at the end of the tunnel - true indeed. i need to wait for only 10mins before getting a cab with a friendly driver. arrived at the airport only to get my door opened by the usher. though i told him i'm not flying first class, not even flying sq he said its his pleasure to do so. during check-in, as usual i requested for aisle sit. the guy said that he'd check if any aisle seat available and few seconds after that he said 'i'll put you at business class ya'. what else can i said but 'great, thank you!'. and now, no queue to access the internet!
i'm coming home to the durian which should be ripe enough to be eaten, to my families whose busy attending 9 guests who'd arrived this mornig, to my niece and nephew, and of course to those local dishes.
still 10 mins to boarding and 4 mins for the internet usage. will maximise it now. work? let me think about it when they call me on monday!

No comments: