Friday, November 24, 2006

have you ever climb a tree?

i don't know but last night, as i couldn't sleep *thanks to the 2 cans of coke i had earlier* my mind wandered and i have no idea why i ended up thinking of climbing trees. i guess i was thinking about my nephew, and my cat, then i remembered when andres was still a kitten, he climbed the durian tree and couldn't get down. the tree was still small that he ended on top of the tree meow-ing while we're trying to assist him getting down. then it suddenly hit me, have most singaporeans *the young generation that is* experience climbing a tree? i consider myself lucky being born in a country with no land limitation. i've climbed few trees - jambu, mango, rambutan, cherry, starfruit, and probably some other trees that i couldn't recall . though people might not have a garden back home, they still have lots of trees around to climb. just look at those kids around my house, they would just pressed the bell and asked for mango, meaning they'd climb the tree and pluck one for themselves.
so i asked my workmates, most local said nope, they never climb a tree. instead they climb their house door frame. what a pity missing something fun during your childhood.

No comments: