Friday, November 03, 2006

miss me already, eh?

i don't know what effect do i have with the servers here. it could be the fact that i always hum if not sing while doing my work be it through pc anywhere, terminal services, or directly in the server room *with few jumping to fight the cold*. everytime i go on leave there's always a problem with the server. when i was doing bridgeclimbing, i got a call that the sql server crashed and need to restore everything. when i went home i got a call that the file server crashed. when i was planning on leave another server was affected by virus. basically whenever i want to go on leave the servers seem to make problem. even when our old financial system would only be used for the last few weeks, the server caused problem.
and now!!!
already got my monday leave approved, already planning on leaving early tomorrow to go home *again* for my sister's wedding when the new server gives me problem. i noticed something strange with the server since yesterday. it either hung or reboot by itself. i suspect its the huge nested xml file that need to be transformed but even when i was not doing it the server suddenly hung. today after liaising with the IT dept, we realised its the SCSI problem. come on!! not even a year that server is with us, bollocks!! IT called the vendor and now we're waiting for them to arrive and fix it. when my boss asked me to stay and wait with IT i said yes and jokingly added 'hiks hiks .. good bye combat' oh my! since when have i been such a drama queen with my boss, i have no idea! upon hearing that my boss laughed and asked me to go for combat and let the IT called me once the vendor is here. no way am i bringing a cellphone to the class or rushing off from class back to office. i'd rather stay back and do whatever i can do while waiting for them *including blogging*. at least i have the opportunity to leave early tomorrow without sacrificing my lunch time.
and the next time i'm planning on taking leave, i'll post my picture in front of each server and play mp3 of my humming hehe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody can cover for you while you're away? That's bad!

Ask your boss for someone who can cover for you while you're away lah... Redundancy is important. :) :)

Simply Baby said...

there is. but .. but ..
welcome to my world :)

Simply Baby said...

lohe,
kok simplybaby jadi workinggal??