Wednesday, November 08, 2006

back to reality

back to work is always something i so not looking forward to. especially when i found out that the harddisk failed on friday and the one who's supposed to back me up went home happily leaving hp to attend to it. guess she was annoyed and been keeping to herself for days that once i sat down she told me everything. poor girl. now that the project is over we have to change all local applications and boss kept on giving us ad-hoc stuff. i guess she thinks we're super good that we could come out with all the ad-hoc stuff fast when the fact was new system, new structure means we have to start from scratch, understanding what comes from where, especially with no documentation and the important part that we're not finance all this terms are alien to us at the moment. guess the frustration sharing me and hp use to do everyday helps a lot. just look at her when she couldn't share her frustration.
work aside, going home was good! though i didn't get my own room and spent the past 3 nights at my parents room it was fun. i woke up at 3 am everyday as mum started her morning prayers. with aunties and uncles at home it was like a non-stop chitchatting and i enjoy watching footballs with my uncles complete with the comments and shouts, it brought back the good old days. wedding was smooth, food was great and my nephew surely had a blast. he even stood in front of everyone and danced (!!) when the group was singing some religious song. all my uncles and aunties were amazed with my nephew. too clever that sometimes i felt so speechless with his comments. oh, i got a lovely gift from my sis and her hubby as she jumped on me and get married first, so i guess that's a tradition? i don't know - just glad that the gift was nice. it was awkward though hearing my new brother-in-law called me bucy as only my sis called me that before. niece was growing up fast and started talking and i hope the next time i'm back she can talk more of the 'ooo .. eeee ... aaa ..' words.
didnt realised that this is my 5th trip home this year until i was told no more free tax. i asked if there's any chance of getting it 5 times this year only to get an answer to wait for next year. yeah right, i told them that i'd been hearing that for ages and i wouldn't put high hope on that before going to pay the tax.
back home with some indigestion problem. what have i ate that caused my nausea. feeling a bit better after throwing up. i think i'll just sleep during my lunch time hoping it won't get worst as i have a meeting to attend to at 2.30.
wouldn't it be great if i could live my life without having to work but travelling and doing some social work

No comments: