Sunday, November 12, 2006

noodles day

decided to spend my weekend at home i said no to all suggestion on going out especially with the heavy downpour earlier. already made myself an instant noodle *haven't had one for more than 2 years* when my aunt called saying the hari raya visiting is still ON! lucky i have covered few houses by myself that i simply asked her to call me when she's going to one of my uncle's place. while getting ready and thinking of taking a bus as my cash has been used for paying the plumber *so expensive!!* another uncle of mine called for a chit chat and so sweet of him, since he was nearby he fetched me and sent me to meet my aunties. i treasured the quality time we had during the ride. don't you love this kind of uncle? very very thoughtful.
met my aunties and apparently there was a change in the original plan. we went to my cousin's fiancee's sister's house to discuss the upcoming wedding first before heading down to my uncle's. it was a bit awkward for me, following them to discuss on the date, the how and where, and with the wife being malay we also have to follow the usual malay wedding (separate celebration - one at each side). still couldn't believe that one of my baby cousin is getting married!. Hell, i still couldn't grasp the fact the my little sister is now a wife, like my uncle said he still could remember sleeping with my sis everytime he visit my parents. how time flies, eh. the discussion was accompanied by hor fun, not bad. from there we went to other places. basically we had hor fun, kway tiaw, bee hon, mee betawi (though i didn't see this kinda noodle back home), and ended up with another round of noodle. only in singapore (or is it my relatives?) can you do the hari raya visiting up to 11ish at night complete with noodles in every house(s). still got few more houses to cover, boy how i wish i could end this visiting soon.

No comments: