Friday, October 28, 2005

10 mins break...

So stress I was yesterday that I decided to attend combat though I was not feeling well. Well, combat kinda lift up my spirit actually, especially when I decided to wear the red wraps instead of the normal gloves. Standing in front so that I can see my movements in the mirror, looking at myself in the blak outfit n red wraps, I decided from now on - its gonna be wraps for combat. It looks sooo coool!

Works been crazy, I actually felt like crying twice due to the stress.
The software has problem and I have to look into it when we're supposed to be the user, well problem lies in the configuration and I don't know how this going to be solved. What stressed me is that I have to liase with the vendor when we're not the one purchasing it and the support there couldn't help solving the problem. I decided to install on few other machines to identify the cause - well, its the loadset!! Of course, I will still be the one US pointing to when this problem occurs.
This is not solved, come conversion. Luckily I have hp to work with for conversion. Oh, today I was told to come out with the interface plan and start looking into datafeeds as well, deadline Nov 4th! *hari raya*
HR still wanna go live by end of november and I haven't have the time to look into another dB from HK.

So, Im flying home tomorrow with piles of readings to read, documentation to complete, files to convert, and application to study.

Today I decided to take 10 mins away from all the things Im doing and blog instead. That is when I looked at my colleagues face and saw that they too are starting to feel the pressure. Welcome to the club guys!

I guess I complained now, but truth is Im kinda thrilled of the challenges ahead. This is why I agree on being the technical lead. I think the main problem is our lack or manpower and getting new ppl now will not be a good idea as well - let's see how it goes along the way.

Meanwhile, Im going back to my writeups and thinking of my journey tomorrow.

4 comments:

juwi said...

Wah, udah mo cuti! Selamat cuti, ya. BTW, gue nggak bisa tuh, pake software yang disaranin sama temen gue untuk nembus firewall. Tauk deh, udah ketauan kali, jadi udah diblok juga :(.

Simply Baby said...

iya nih juw, ini lagi di airport nunggu pulang, tp gak cuti2 amat abisan kerjaan dibawa pulang :(
di blok ya? tp tp kok bisa post comment disini??

Juw, blog lu diupdate ttg jalan2 doong - beda lah ama crita gue, gue kan gak ada crita pegel2nya ;)

lohe, kok jadi ngobrol??

juwi said...

Bab, gue barusan sadar juga begitu gue bisa pertama-tama buka blogspot, trus, bisa komen juga. Akhirnya gue posting deh di blogger. Cuma, blom tentang jalan-jalan. Ntar, ya :-).

juwi said...

Itu, Bab, tentang jalan-jalannya udah. Cuma, berhubung sambil kerja di kantor, jadi isinya nggak ada juntrungannya :-).