Saturday, October 08, 2005

Im waiting for 5.30 PM - the time when my nephew goes downstairs so that I can call and speak to him. He's only 4, nothing much to talk to him about - its more like wasting money actually. But I feel that by having a regular talk with him, he's aware of my existence. It actually pays off - everytime I go home, he'll spend most of his time with me, he wants me to sleep with him, bath him, wash him after he does his business and all other stuff that wouldn't happen had I not call him often.

3rd day of ramadhan - boy how time flies. I just realised this is my 13th year of fasting on my own. After staying in the hostel back in 1992 I only spent ramadhan with my family during the weekend and 1 week before hari raya. Then in 1998, I worked in Batam - spent ramadhan with another friend of mine. In 1999, I started working in Singapore and been spending ramadhan by myself eversince. Actually there was one time (1999) when my sis was still working in Singapore n mom was around supervising the house upgrading that we had ramadhan together. After that, I only spend the last days of ramadhan with my family. Oh I think 2 years ago I even spent hari raya alone here 'cos I had exam the following day.
I wonder when will I be able to spend the whole month of ramadhan with my families.

Anyways, weekend is just 30 mins away. Going home to break fast before hitting the gym. I changed my gym schedule unlike the past 2 years where I broke my fast at the office or even in the gym itself. I want to get the best of both - so the only way is to attend the 8.50 classes.

I can't wait for next friday when juwi and alun will be in town. My sis definitely has a list of foods she's going to have and I will drag my friend to try it as well. Can't wait for that!

No comments: