Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Dilemma ...

Boss called me this morning. Basically now she's asking my opinion on the conversion issue. Should we used oz's program or should we build from scratch. I can only tell her that I haven't look into all of it but there are some part that can be used if we decided not to use all of it.
She also talked abt the 2 interns that are supposed to come on 7th nov - apparently we might not be able to get it and she might need to get a contract programmer. But she's not sure if this is better. She actually was asking my commitment on the technical part of conversion, interface, and datafeeds part as she will only concentrate on the configuration and conversion process. Good boss that she is, she's aware how much works need to be done on my part and told me to get hp and kat involve to ease my jobs. But for now she wants an answer if we are ready to handle conversion alone or we want it to be outsourced to other office that has gone live. Especially that I'll be away for 3 days I need to come out with the timeline before going on leave as when Im back she'll be on training in KL.

So now, everything is up to me.
Can we handle it?
Do I want to go to sydney to get more from our oz's office?
Do I think outsourcing is better?
Truth is - I'd rather we do it on our side and going to sydney will be very helpful in understanding the process more. But do I dare make this commitment with the resource that we have?

I asked her to give me 2 days to come out with the answer - probably I'll share this with hp and kat 'cos I need their commitment as well.

Oh well, for now I guess I just have to figure out how to generate the key pairs in reflection. Hiks...

10 more days to flying home

4 comments:

oz.net said...

I'm really enjoying your train of thought...
I am having deja vu with some, keep it up !

Better watch out who's reading tho.

Simply Baby said...

thanks!
yupe, Im aware of that too :)

juwi said...

Bab, thanks ye, udah nganter-nganterin :-). Gue cukup istirahat nih, di rumah..hehehe..walopun nggak jadi foot massage. Next time will be with BQ :-).

Simply Baby said...

can't wait for that juw!!
tp kali ini mesti lbh lama n lebih banyak covernya ;)
*thx for visiting me ya...