Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Yummy..

my machine is still undergoing surgery and i am bored with cleaning my desk and reading book so here i am :)
took a leave yesterday, was supposed to be a 1/2 day leave but ended up with a full day leave with some consideration that didn't happen. anyways, its nice having a time doing nothing on a weekday. i was pretty bored and almost wanted to go back to work but i managed to resist the urge and spent my afternoon walking around bedok. supposed to get a pillow and a bolster i ended up getting myself indian rojak. i know i shouldn't as there'd be a dinner later but i couldn't resist the temptation. on my way back home i stopped at a foot reflexiology to get some pampering. i left the place feeling relaxed and signed myself up for a package. doh! home. tv. rest. siesta. nice!
left the house after prayer to meet the rest for an indian 'night out'. well actually one of us always asked for a proper indian dining and since we have one true-blue nothern indian friend she asked him to plan one. and yesterday it was. we met at little india station and after everyone arrived we walked to this place. food was AWESOME! my first time trying northeast indian cuisine and its great that we had a native introducing each dish to us. i am indian but i only know those common indian food, don't ask me which dish comes from which area. i still asked around about which part of india i came from (nothern, gujrati! got it now!). though the mango lassi is not as thick as the one at saffron it still tasted good. the chingri and roomali are definitely a must try. we really thank him for introducing us to such a wonderful place, and he coughed up the bill!. can't wait to bring my parents there when they're in town.

No comments: