Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm Baaaaaccckkkk ...

after a tiring yet fun hari raya break, i'm back on my desk in front of my lovely machine. lovely? yeah - without it i wouldn't be able to blog ;)
reached jakarta on friday where mum, dad & my nephew fetched me. so excited that he thought i bought him yet another aeroplane he chatted non-stop along the journey home. once home, he asked for the key and looked very disappointed when he didn't see any toys in my bag. he tried to look excited about the t-shirt but you can see deep down he's sad. hehe..
touched my niece for the first time. she's cute!! not as fair as the bro but still very cute. spent most of the night sleeping with my nephew, as usual when i'm back his sleeping, bathing, eating must be with me. it was fun being back home during fasting month as per normal, but this time around i spent more time helping my sis taking care of my niece than helping my mum in the kitchen, though i did help her grating the cheese and making the butterscotch for the cakes. met my friends on sunday, lucky i woke up and still managed to meet them before breaking fast time - don't blame me, blame my niece! i have the tendency to play with her or carry her as soon as she opened her eyes, even i'm tired i'm happy that at least i took care of her a lot during my short break home.
hari raya was tiring and fun as usual. i collapsed at noon with the crowd. well we've anticipated the crowd because mum & dad, being one of the eldest, always got visited first. took out the plates, glasses and put 8 big bottles of soft drinks in the fridge, made more ice cubes on hari raya eve to prepare for the following day but still couldn't cope with the crowd. was preparing drinks for 12 people when mum called saying 'grogol family is here' then before i got a chance to count on the number of people mum called again 'faster, kakamamu's family is here'. at the end most of the guest helped themselves. imagine 10 cars can come at one go!! that's how crowded the house were. collapsed by noon and quite sad when we realised the 2 big cheesecake mum made were gone. me & my bro-in-law could only looked at each other and smiled. luckily mum made it again the following day so we hid half of it from the guests for us, hehe. sorry mum - your trifle pudding, butterscotch, blueberry and others are good - but your cheesecake is the best!
did some visiting on the 2nd day of hari raya before flying back at night. with my sister still in confinement, my nephew & bro-in-law joined mum&dad for the visiting. back home, prepared myself & spent time with my niece before going to the airport. this time around my nephew was so busy helping me carry my bags that when his mom asked him to stay back his answer was 'i must go, last time i didn't go aa didn't buy me toys' haha.. so funny!
reached singapore and the first thing i did was buy myself a diet coke!! - yeah, back home i bought few cans for myself but my nephew has the same interest with me when it comes to coke that i had to restrain myself from buying again. though he kinda reluctant to drink a lot when he was told that the reason i was dark is that i drink too much coke. :\
now back to work still feeling sleepy, thanks to my flight that got delayed i reached home past midnight. will start my hari raya visiting here later, with my aunt not feeling well this will be my 1st time doing hari raya visiting alone. if only i can finish my hari raya visiting here soon, i'll be happy!
and oh, the global financial system has gone live smoothly .. YEAY!! 2 years of hard work!! though the next challenge now is that all local application need to be changed, i can think of visiting the dentist for wisdom tooth and root canal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! :) Oleh-olehnya mana? :) :)

Simply Baby said...

tengkyu ..
oleh2 lemak nya mau? :P