Tuesday, October 31, 2006

halfway done ..

my hari raya visiting is almost over - the good thing of me doing the visiting alone is that i can cut short in every houses and i don't have to wear punjabi or baju kurong as it's always straight from work. friday lunch was good, sinfully sinful especially with the brownies pancake and teppanyaki ice cream - yummilicious indeed. feeling so full i almost back out from the dinner but then i went there with one of the tea lady here. food wise was quite disappointing, it's no longer the old place with lots of variety - no more asinan, no more sayur asam :'(. from there i took a cab to hougang and started my hari raya visiting again, from hougang straight to tampines. not bad as i covered another 3 houses.
spent the whole saturday morning at home which i kinda regret afterwards. i should've followed aunt. sue & her families to bukit panjang to my uncle's house. now i don't know how am i supposed to go there alone. went to bukit batok in the evening. food was good especially for me who hasn't had indonesian satay for ages. from there instead of going home, i continued my hari raya visiting. took bus 61 since it's heading to eunos but i gave up and took a cab instead after spending almost 2 hours inside the bus. clementi, holland rd, holland v, commonwealth, queensway, chinatown, vivo city, bugis - felt like i was on a day tour around singapore! went to my aunt place & had a chit chat for quite some time there. my cousin is going abroad for study soon and i was the one who was so excited while he himself couldn't wait for the 5 years to be over, lol. from there went to my uncle's place and spent quite some time there with 3 cousins to chitchat with. talked about career and education with one; talk about life, love, shopping with the other one and about adventure and sports with the younger one. you can talk about everything with this family. since i reached there while chelsea was playing, i joined them watching ballack *for me* in action, my uncle is a chelsea's fans after all so it's fun. there goes the plan of visiting another uncle's house. tiring, full, bloated but fun!
decided to spend sunday at home but then my uncle left a voice mail and 2 text messages about the open house at his daughter's place. bugger! but knowing what a good cook she is, i called around asking for a lift from one of the aunties and got one!. the food was good but what's more exciting was the i feel like gretel entering the candy house. it's definitely a kids heaven with all the sweets and chocolate on the table. i couldn't restrain myself from trying each and every single things on the table before moving to the dining area for the hari raya goodies. sinful but satisfying.
now i hope i could stop all the craziness and control my intake. already missed the morning pump, thanks to a big bottle of pepsi that deprived me of my sleep. i hope i could finish my visiting soon so that i can have a proper eating regime soon. ameen to that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm.. you should visit Braddell more often if you want to have great Indonesian satays. :) :)

Simply Baby said...

iya tuh ..
kesempatan nyoba selalu terhalang :)
jadi tambah bikin penasaran