Wednesday, October 18, 2006

for daddy dearest

for the first time in my life i went to mustafa centre alone! can you believe that! even mum & my sis was surprised to hear that. well actually we went there yesterday after the run *more on walk actually, thanks to the haze*. daddy wanted me to get him the canned beans for kacang phool. once there i called my uncle for the brand but he was doing his taraweh that i just stopped a malay lady and asked her to no avail. this is an arab food but to bad there's no arabs around for me to ask that i ended up getting a kidney bean and just on my way home my uncle returned my call and i knew i got the wrong one. daddy said not to bother getting if it's troublesome. but knowing how he loves this food, how he'd surely have breakfast in geylang area which is known to have the best kacang phool whenever he's in town, i decided to go there again today - alone. after getting the right info from my uncle i was quite irritated that the actual bean, the medamames beans, were actually right on top of the kidney beans i bought yesterday. i even looked at it yesterday but it didn't hit me the wording there - foul bean -- foul = phool! of course!! being sold mostly by malays/indians they have changed foul bean to kacang phool!! duh..
reached office and i still had another 30 mins of lunch time that i decided to go to bedok and get the anklet for my niece. my sister last minutely *as usual* asked me to check on the pricing & since i still have no idea what to get for my niece i got her this. can't believe gold is that expensive even for babies, eh. anyways, mission accomplished!

No comments: