Thursday, October 19, 2006

a great gift

i got a friend, let's call A, who has the ability to make people comfortable and feel really appreciated. okay, A was down with fever & cough last week. When i didn't see A online for two days i texted asking if A was still sick, if it was that bad, and of course ended the message with a take care wish. i remember when i was sick A called and asked about my well-being, so i thought it was my turn to show that i care. Didn't receive any message in return but when i checked my mobile last night i had one missed-call from A. returning the call, i ended up chatting for quite some time. i wanted to end the call once i knew that A was on course for the past 2 days, hence the absence from msn but A kept the communication going by asking about my well-being. how was fasting, was i excited that i'd be home in few days time, what was the most exciting part of going home, was i happy or sad that fasting month is going to be over soon, how was work, what's up with my life, and all sort of other stuff that makes you feel you have a good friend to count on. i was supposed to be the one who do all the questioning, showing A that i too am a friend to rely on, but i ended the call feeling blessed having such sweet friend as A.
honestly speaking, i was not someone who shows my affection to my friends openly, unless i am so very close to that person. but i was exposed to few new people that never hold their thoughts and openly show their cares for others that i too start to be more open. i know i don't share my black face with my friends, when i have some things on my mind i tend to share it to some of my friends & my friends can count on me if they have some problems as well, be it day or night. i don't have a problem praising other people, but i do have problem showing my friends that i do care about them in the past especially verbally. i hope that one day i can be just like A.

No comments: