Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Blurrrttt

i'm so full with this statement of account thingy. still couldn't figure what comes from what. why is it like that. i've been disturbing the finance people for more questions. why appear in receivables and aging but not cash receipt. what is oa. what is this. what is that. why like this. why like that. how come the figure is a when based on normal calculation it should be b. sigh, i just hope i can come out with the solution soon. all this finance things sometimes made me interested in taking finance course for my own satisfaction. but sometimes i am too confused with the way of all the calculations that i decided nah, not going to put myself to trouble for nothing but personal satisfaction. anyways, i've had enough of figures today and i think i'll just blog, browse the net & reply emails for the next 30 mins or so.
a friend of mine is having a tough time. after stroke, prostate cancer, now her dad is diagnosed with parkinson disease. poor her, every 1.5 years in her life she's faced with bad news. it's been 2 years since the last diagnosed that she's quite happy. it doesn't last long. well i hope all the best for her. what can we do except consoling and be there for her. i shared my mom's experience, being far from home that she almost missed her own mom's funeral *thanks to indonesian immigration*. i told her about how mom tried to be there for her dad, always went back to singapore at least twice a year and stayed for months. i am so blessed having a dad who doesn't mind her wife leaving him and her kids behind to attend to her father. come to think of it, it made us more independent and stronger as well. even when my 3rd sister passed away mom&dad left us in singapore with my aunt for months (or was it a year?). well to be fair to mom, dad too travels a lot during his working days, sometimes leaving us behind for years during his study days and months during his business trip. hehe, mom&dad told me that when dad returned from one of his trip i was afraid to see him because he's dark. and look at the colour of my skin now. he didn't even see my 3rd sister, not even once as he was doing his dessertation that day. i remember 'peeping' at one of his letter to his colleague in which he wrote not seeing his 3rd daughter is his biggest regret. well mom is definitely my role model when it comes to loyalty to her families. dad even include mom's name for the crustacean species (sorry dad it's still a lobster for me 'cos it looks like one) he found near singapore as a token of gratitude to my mom. love you dad!
ssshhh .. wonder where my mind is from my thinking of my friend i ended up with my dad :). well hopefully my friend go through this stage with patience and surrendering everything to the hands of God.

No comments: