Friday, December 23, 2005

I received an email from my sis, basically she's forwarding email she received from 1 of her assistant. Its a very touchy email. Its about this old man they saw in their office, no one notice him sitting alone in the meeting room servicing a typewriter. Imagine how many typewriters are there now, how much is this man's income from such a job in the world where everything is computerized. The email ended up with the writers reflection on herself, how she should be grateful for what she have, that she might be earning much much more compare to this old man.

Reading this email made me feel a bit sad. Sad in the sense that shouldn't I be grateful for all that I have yet sometimes I still whine of something more. When with my earning I can travel around yet I still complain of not having enough money. When I am saving for a louis vuitton wallet, this old man might be saving for his next meal. When Im thinking of my next trip home, having fun with families and school friend, this man might be thinking of whether there is another typewriter need servicing so that he can bag some more money.

And yet I am still ungrateful with all the gift God has given and still giving me...

No comments: