Friday, December 09, 2005

Being away from home means being left out in a lot of event, not being able to witness all sort of things happenning back home, and lots of other backfalls.
Today's my elder sis' birthday and I kinda miss seeing the look in my nephew's eyes when he gave present to my sis. I can only imagine it based on the story told by his mom.

This makes me think of all the things - good and bad - that I was not part of back from 1992, the time I stayed in hostel during my uni years.
When I was in uni, I didn't see my cats - milly jr's and d'artagnan's body for the last time. I was not even at home when someone called my mom informing her that my grandpa passed away. When I was in batam, I didn't see my cat, jane (buta)'s body for the last time - only heard that she died under my bed. I could only pray for the best when I heared the news that hercules went missing. Now the Im here, I didn't see Grace, Jimmy and Valentine for the last time as well.

Apart from that, I missed going out with the group for some dinner, pushing the car together when it stalled, sitting together in the living room talking about anything, simply having breakfast and dinner everyday, calling mom asking what's for dinner, just simply hugging my cats when I feel bored or lonely, and lots of other things.
Of course, I don't miss listening to my mum's complain or the traffic back home. But still, I think I miss a lot of family moments being away from home.

And some people really want to be away from home forever...

No comments: