Sunday, November 27, 2005

note: this post is simply about me thinking aloud, no intention of having any racism remarks or whatsoever (better said first before being arrested)

last friday nite, on my way home from my kuzzin's b'day the taxi driver took the wrong route. He's not supposed to turn left and I informed him abt this. He apologized and said that he would deduct the total cost. I said no need and he insisted. I said 'uncle, it's only few cents - not that I'll be rich with that, if it's $10 then I complain'. He was quite surprised with my attitude and kept on saying how understanding I was. I said that we have to give and take, this small things shouldn't be made big. He said that there were not many ppl like me around. Me being nosy asked him if he encountered ppl who complained a lot about this. He said yes, especially ang moh (caucasian). He said they were so calculative and so wanna show their power.

This reminds me about a thread posted by an ang moh in a forum that I visit frequently. There, this person complained about taxi driver here being so rude and no manners at all. He complained quite a lot - some people in the forum agrees and some doesn't. I personally respond to that thread saying that I always have great time in a taxi ride here, except once.

Well, after the friday nite ride all I can think about is 'what will the person who posted the thread about rude taxi driver respond to this driver's complain'

3 comments:

juwi said...

Sepanjang pengalaman gue ber-taksi sama elu di sana, Bab, kayaknya blom pernah ketemu yang kasar ato gimana sih. Terutama sopir taksi yang spion kanannya kepentok pintu mobil orang. Kesian, malah. Satu lagi, mudah-mudahan elu nggak ditangkep..huehehehehe...

Simply Baby said...

lohe - ditangkep kenapa nih?

juwi said...

Maksud gue, nggak ditangkep karena entry yang dianggep rasis, gitu lho...