Thursday, November 17, 2005

I couldn't sleep tonight so I flicked through the tv channel and ended up watching this movie, hunger point, which is an adaptation from a novel with the same title. Not a bad movie - at least for me. It actually made me think of few stuffs.

I dunno, but I kinda look into myself and relate to the story a bit. Just a little bit though.
There were times when I too were obsessed with my weight. Those were the days when I was underweight and people around me commented on it but I still felt I need to loose more to get the desired abs.
There were once or twice (or maybe even thrice) I took laxatives after a heavy dinner or supper. Not often I felt depressed about my weight. Thank God, I never succumbed to the temptation of diet pills and I forced myself to admit if I didn't change my way of thinking now I'd end up with an eating disorder.
I keep on telling myself, that I wanna feel good not simply look good. Feel good for me is having a balance diet and exercise. I started cutting down on my exercise regime and introduce myself to the joyous of food. Yes I gained weight, not much but people around me said that I look fresher, no longer haggard.
Now, I may complain here n there abt my weight - but Im no longer the obsessed lady who checked her abs every morning and night and definitely no longer the one said no to a great food.

Watching this movie also made me realised how much I love my sisters. I dunno how will I feel if anything bad happen to them. Yes we do have our share of arguments, but that doesn't change the way we feel for each other. It makes me wonder as well, how will life be if my belated sister is still around us - wonder how she looks like.

No comments: