Saturday, November 26, 2005

My 1st Thanksgiving Dinner

The authentic one that is.

Kat invited me to her place for a traditional american thanksgiving. I thought its so sweet of her that I decided to go. Dunno what to bring her, I simply bring a box of brownie. Went to her place, a little bit kampung for me, I dunno that she has to allow me in before I can press the lift button. So there I went out again n buzzed her when actually the door was open - hehe *kampungan. Since the feast started at the afternoon, there's only Ava - the scandinavian lady - left. She lived in Jakarta for 2 years long time ago but she still can speak few bahasa indonesia, quite fun.
Dinner was superb - Kat's been cooking for 2 days and I got a taste of all the traditional thanksgiving dishes. Love the baked yam n marshmallow & her cranberry sauce is simply delicious. But I guess what I love most was the dessert - apple pie topped with homemade caramel sauce. Ava even licked the plate because of the caramel sauce! - very very delicious.
Bob, kat's hubby is a nice guy. We spent time chit chatting about anything and ended the night in the kitchen helping Kat to clean up. She found the wish bone while keeping the turkey. I just knew abt this wish bone thingy - something new. I dunno how, the subject body combat came up and I told them to join me for the class anytime the wanted to. Ava's so excited about this. She's such a fun lady to be with - very expressive and friendly.
We left ard 9.30 as kat's already so burned up cooking for 2 days. I myself wanted to go home early to watch the last episode of Lost.

Absolutely a great way to experience my 1st thanksgiving feast.

No comments: