Wednesday, September 14, 2005

I think I'm gonna fall sick!

Been on binged eating for weeks - I've managed to control this but now I keep on wanting to eat sour stuff. Spent the entire lunch time from one place to another looking for something sour. Actually I was in the mood of the mango salad they sold in Orchard and I know they have it here in SunMoon so there I went but apparently they no longer carry this.

I should've gone straight away to orchard n buy it instead of wasting my time searching for it around here to no avail. Well, I guess coke will do for now - it's always like this when I'm going to fall sick.

Called home earlier and managed to speak to mom. She just came back from Bandung and brought lotsa foods from there. She said how can she gave it to me when I was not around :(. Dad came back from Lombok last sunday and my sis said that he brought a lot of ayam taliwang which is delicious from there. I want some!
But I'll only be home for hari raya next month *sigh*. The main disadvantage from being far from the family.

After months of coming late to work, today I reached the office at 8.10 AM. Finally ;). Well, I guess this will be a 'must' every wednesdays now that they've moved the conference call from 7 PM to 8.30 AM.
But the drawback is that I have no time for my daily routine of breakfast while reading e-mails that I only had a small sweet potato, a can of coke and 12 sweets(!!) for breakfast. I have to control the sweets part next week though.

Oh ya, after the call we sat down and discussed our next steps. I took this opportunity to inform them that I couldn't do anything now 'cos IT hasn't install the database and Excel to the server. I also highlighted to HR that the development was done in the earlier version of the notes used in our firm and I foresee some problems here as well. My boss agreed and said that it must be fair for me as well - IT has been taking their own sweet time to put the database on the server when HR plan to release it to everyone next week. At the end when the deadline is near we will be the one blamed of being inefficient when up til today we're still unable to see the application. So today me and the HR director has been shooting lotsa emails to the IT dept and cc our partner in the emails so that everyone knows who's holding back the process here ... he3x

Boss called us yesterday saying that since we're now considered executives (sans the pay though) that we can't claim money for overtime. But it would be difficult if we were to claim time off everytime we work overtime as well that with the project we'll be expected to work overtime more. But she won't be that calculative so if we have to run errand and be out for an hour or two she wouldn't mind. Well, this shouldn't be a problem for me 'cos that's what I've been doing all along. Took this opportunity to ask if I can go back for hari raya next month since we're actually not supposed to take any long leave. Being a good boss that she is, she said special case only applied to me as I'm the only one celebrating hari raya. Anyway its also way of compensating for me being a single fighter for the next 2 weeks during the training. Thanks jenny, u're the best boss a staff can ever ask for!

Now Im thinking - is it okay if I tell her I need to run errand now? - desperately in need of something sour and the mango salad is the only thing I can think about now.

1 comment:

juwi said...

Ayam Taliwaaaaang! Syedaaap ituuuu. Apalagi yang fresh from Lombok. Belinya di 2M ato M2 ato DM ato MD ato gitu-gitu lah. Nyemmm.....