Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I can't believe I'll be saying this but I kinda miss coding !! - be it with VB, .NET, even writing Unix scripts.
I guess now that we are in the midst of this project, especially that I'm being assigned with configuring the server, reading the Oz's documentation to determine how it can be used by us, and also given the task to handle and distribute the interface to each person depending on what they're assigned to do, makes me realise that sometimes programming is the simplest of all - It's simply between you and the machine - c'est tout!
With the additional responsibility for the global HR I'm supposed to be busy now and yet I'm still able to update my blogs n read others as well - The IT people here kinda testing my patience actually.
How am I supposed to configure the directory structure of the server when you haven't even configure the server for us - c'mon guys! the US counterpart is chasing us on this. When will the fSecure be in? We need this to communicate with the Central server ASAP. This is my 1st experience with fSecure, I need time to study it before using it and time is running out - be more considerable with our hectic schedule please.
Guys, why is it so difficult to store HongKong's local HR application to the notes server and install Excel to it so that I can study the application before deciding if it's applicable for our business process here.
Don't you guys know I have to do this before end of this month so that I can concentrate on the other project next month?
I'm multitasking and you guys know it and yet you don't make an effort of speeding up your jobs! huh...

I hope 2 colleagues of mine who's attending the technical training next week will be more than a helping hand once they're back. Currently I'm the only one handling the technical part - I think I need a helping hand soon.
There's nothing much to be done on the functional since its only gonna be used when it comes to conversion.
Anyway, boss has hinted them that they're supposed to assist me once they're done w/ the training and I'll make sure that's what I get!

an update on my reading - Sophie's World
It is considered as a great book I read this year - apart from Dan Brown's DaVinci Code that is.
I've only read the 1st 3 chapters yet my mind starts to question the simplest thing that we take for granted.
But you can't really go wild or question all the things that existed 'cos remember some things exist because they're are meant to be - I believe in God and some things are the way they are because God meant it to be that way.

Which reminds me I have a timeline that I need to complete and past over to my boss by today ;)
oh ya, we're going to interview 3 more candidates for the programmer position tomorrow - one of them is my countryman. I hope (s)he is qualified enough to be accepted - at least the resume said so. Let's see how it goes tomorrow.

No comments: