Sunday, December 09, 2007

Pancasila ...

my sister called to tell me that she's disturbing her son. she lied to him there'd be a test on kewarganegaraan tomorrow. apparently nowadays kids don't learn like what we used to - no pancasila, nothing of that sort. or maybe if they still, my nephew hasn't got it. she was laughing when she called me telling me that my nephew was surprised with the questions since he hasn't learn any of it and he was wondering about the exam too 'cos as far as he knows school is closed on monday (which is true). my sis asked me to listen while she repeated the question and continue asking new ones. i couldn't help myself but laughed upon hearing what's going on at the other end...

my sis (s): hey, repeat again. what is sila pertama of pancasila?
me nephew (n): monas?
s: wrong. its ketuhanan yang maha esa. what is sila kedua now?
n: Allah?
*i can hear my sister's trying to control her laughter*
s: no, it's kemanusiaan yang adil dan beradab. when is sumpah pemuda?
n: i don't know...
s: what is the capital city of Indonesia?
n: iiihhh.. my brain want to explode
s: you don't know? Jakarta is the capital city of Indonesia.
s: what is the national language of Indonesia
n: bahasa Indonesia?
s: there you know. who is the one reading the proklamasi?
n: daddy?
s: daddy your head ..
n: iiiihhhhhh my brain want to explode you know ...

by this time around i even heard the driver's laughter. and my sis couldn't control her laughter anymore. she told me my nephew looked annoyed and that's the end of our conversation.

1 comment:

Anung said...

pancasila.. those good old days..