Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Little Bit of Everything ....

its been a wonderful tuesday so far. well considering it'll end soon let me rephrase it. it's been a wonderful tuesday. and i hope my week will continue the same....
--
it started pretty rough when i came to work only to receive email that all data is delayed and it's only resolved at 3.20 am, when our schedule is 2 am. i have to re-run everything so 3 hours of my time gone just like that when today was closing and apart from doing my own work (which is more now that the china girl left) i still have to cover for boss who's on sick leave and hp who's on holiday. i tried my best to be calm, skipped lunch and stuff so that i can finish all at one go. in short, managed to get all things done by 6.20 pm. yes!! the wonderful of multi-tasking ...
--
had a conference call today, in one of the partner room - the partner i kinda dislike. my view on him kinda changed after today. well, he is still that forever urgent-i want it now-come to my office and explain to me about this figure-i'm not happy with the amount, please explain to me the criteria you used kinda guy, but he is one who values others opinion. since boss is on sick leave, i had to be there alone and he still involved me in those configuration discussion even when i know nuts. he still asked for my view and when he talked about the KPI setup with the finance manager, he took every opportunity to explain it to me what's what. of course at the end he wanted us to be present during the discussion he'd have to convince other partners on this application but its just nice to be acknowledged even when you're not supposed to be. during the call he'd mute the phone just to talk about his money plants, joking about a coup going on in the philippines when their line got cut, he's just very jovial. guess he's just different when it comes to the japanese business, eh. i tend to ignore him if i ever see him around the area even when i know he's looking at me. can't do that again now.
--
it's my last class today. happy but kinda miss the guys too. they're very fun to be with and i never feel bored during class thanks to their jokes and stuff. at the end of the class, one of them came to the front and, representing the whole class, gave me a gift. it was those police force mug and 2 pins. i am very touched as i was already given the diary few weeks back. very sweet of them. they asked if its okay to ask me out for a dinner or stuff and i said i'm fine with it. i read the feedback they gave and i am simply overwhelmed by what they think of me. some even said that they'd do intermediate class only if i am the teacher. so sweet of them. i felt bad that i still got the nepalese guys name mixed but i remember it now!!
i was told about the up coming class in january. still contemplating though. part of me wants to do it because well obviously additional income - which can be used for holiday savings - and also its just fun to be doing this. but also i have to think of being tied up for yet another month, just tuesdays and fridays i know but still .....
--
a friend texted me on sunday, saying that we should really catch up. i said yes and asked who she is. bad i know, but i don't have her number what else can i do. so we should be catching up tomorrow at timbre, one of the place i want to check out. on monday i was asked if i'd be free for dinner on wednesday with another girl as well. apparently the girl is in a midst of a huge (and i do mean HUGE) problem so my friend was wondering if we girls could meet her for dinner to show some sort of support. i said yes, not remembering the first plan i have. i was stuck and eventually decided to postpone the 1st one by texting her tomorrow telling that i'd have some urgent matters to settle. somehow she texted me today saying that she's not feeling well. good. great. i suggested to postpone but she insisted on meeting up. this stupid girl of yours truly still didn't say that she couldn't make it and went along with it. man!! i seriously have some explanation to do tomorrow. i think i'd tell her honestly that something urgent comes up and suggest to postpone it. i feel bad but my priority lies in this friend who's in deep shxt. i just hate myself for not saying it up front earlier ...

No comments: