Thursday, November 15, 2007

Count Down

i'm done with my packing. ironed the clothes and all and i'm just ready to leave the house. well i'm feeling excited now as this can be called my first backpacking trip alone. travelling alone isn't new but with a limited cash, hostel to stay at, and just a backpack, ALONE - this is exciting.
actually too much negative energy around me for the last 2 days. people were asking if i was seriously going alone, some thought i was joking while few thought i was actually going with my boyfriend (DUH!! shouldn't i have one first for that?!?). after accepting the truth that i'd be alone they then started asking questions like 'are you sure it's safe?', 'you're a girl, okay mah?' and few others and like it or not it got into me too. even my parents weren't that apprehensive, all they said was be careful and mom was more interested in knowing what's there to see.
went to watch a movie earlier and during the show, somehow my mind wandered to what i am supposed to do the following day and my i felt like my heart made a little salto - am i really going alone or should i just skip it?. darn!! i recollected myself and focus on what my mom always said when i wanted to do things but reluctant because i got no one to do it with - 'why must depend on others, do it if you really want to. after all when you die, you'll be alone inside the grave'.
i guess me being worried is more on the fact that i haven't do any research or even reading about the place. well i know roughly but not that deep. guess i'll just start doing my reading now while waiting for 4 AM to come. i'd rather not sleep than waking up late for the flight, man.

No comments: