Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Claustrophobic

now i'm beginning to wonder if i really am claustrophobic. yes i tend to get panic when i'm inside a crowded lift and suddenly it just stopped. but as far as i know that's all. when i did caving 2 years back, i felt a blood rush while squatting and crawling inside the gave, mais c'est tout. i thought that is normal. and then came the chuchi tunnel incident where i decided to make a u-turn and went out of the tunnel upon seeing a pitch black ahead. and then today! i was reading in the train when i realised it stalled inside the short tunnel between kembangan and bedok. being imaginative doesn't help at all. my mind started making its own scenario, imagining an explosion just like in the movie. i even imagined mas selamat standing at the end of the tunnel! i felt warm and the blood rushing to my heart were faster than usual. feeling uneasy i started to pace a little eventhough i realised few people were staring at me. i felt so restless so i said a prayer silently and tried to focus back on reading, but i just couldn't. i ended up closing my eyes and uttering some prayers in my heart; opening my eyes in between to see if the train would be moving soon. i felt at ease once it moved. it stalled for just like 10mins and i was already feeling uneasy.
this is sooo not funny. imagine how many things i won't be able to do if i really have this isssue. i think i need to do some research on how to overcome this.

2 comments:

Bijuk said...

first time i realised i am claustrophobic when i was in spore, in MRT to be precise. I got really dizzy and couldn't breath. I dunno whether it was spore that making me a claustrophobic but it also happens in Jakarta each i get into a overcrowded and too noisy elevator. so i guess i'm officially a claustrophobic. Spore was probably the inducer

Simply Baby said...

:)
well i hope it doesn't hinder you (and me) from the things we enjoy though..
someone told me last night to take long deep breath when you started to feel uneasy...