Tuesday, February 28, 2006

spent my sunday morning hunting for a minced beef. I went to giant, NTUC, ShopNSave still I couldn't find a halal minced beef. So I decided to take a walk to the nearest wet market, find the halal meat stall and bought myself 200 gr of it. As usual everytime I go to wet market, I'd spend time strolling around from one lane to another looking at how fresh things are. It suddenly made me realised how much I miss doing weekend marketing with my parents back home. Dad always make sure that we help mum in the kitchen during the weekends regardless of how many servants we have. Normally one of us will follow to the market, while another one stays at home preparing herself to help in the kitchen once we're home & another sis will be cleaning the fish pond with my dad, wash the bird cage or simply helping out in the kitchen. They always said that however high your education is, being a female means being able to cook and do house work. I still remember cryingthe 1st time I learned to clean the fish but if you look back at all those 'torturing' days I am glad to have parents who still insist on us girls doing housework. thanks!!

No comments: