Tuesday, February 21, 2006

:: Its Monday Again

Had quite a good weekend. It started with me n yolli watching Walk The Line. They said its a good movie, but I find it kinda boring .. too much talking. Well I guess this is due to me not knowing much about Johnny Cash.
Went for the dragon boat event on saturday with jen. Basically we're simply helping out the event. It was quite fun and we left around 4 pm. Went to bugis as we planned to watch any movie but there's nothing good so we ended having our dinner & chatting for hours about everything. Afterwards we went for shopping and off we went home after doing some grocery shopping. Its quite a tiring day but its fun. I remembered my eyes were full of tears when those blind paddlers took picture together after paddling for 5 km. I was - AM - really touch with their perserverance to show that being blind is not a hindrance at all.
Spent most of my sunday at home, supposed to go for cardio but I was too lazy that i simply did a 20 mins cardio at home - hope june's okay with that when i told her later he3. Went out for the dessert club outing at night. I guess people were quite unsure if the event still on that only 5 of us showed up. Supposed to meet rosie but she cancelled last minute so i simply met cindy before heading down to the place. It was a really fun night especially with joan (or is it joy?) around that she talked a lot about her travel experience - the kind of travel I've been dreaming of. It is true what she said about travelling to the 3rd world country as it will changed one day but those modern cities will always be the same, hence modern cities are her least priorities. She's been to india and china 10 years ago - when tourism wasn't hot there, iran, israel, middle east, poland, laos, angkor wat, vietnam, and lots of other places and mostly backpacking ALONE! I really admire her and she totally changed my perception of india and all other places. I seldom see local girl with her spirit, hence we start talking about how locals are divided in 2 group in general - those pampered and those outdoor and how rare in finding someone who's in between. It also open my mind about the attitude of locals. Apart from this, we also talk about the ourselves and of course the oh the forever so hot topic - life partnerl. Its good that the guy left early so 4 of us girls really talk about almost everything. It so funny listening to joan/joy's story about a backpacker who covered her face if she didn't have any make up on. Really fun night that we were the last person to left the place.

All this conversation actually gave me some new perspective on travelling as well. That's why Im so keen to join cindy on her next trip. If only there isn't any project ...

No comments: