Wednesday, February 15, 2006

"calling all singles out there, what's the plan for v-day"
"why don't we have our gathering on v-day and all the girls wear pink"
"why not we exchange gifts on v day, guys bring flower for the girls and girls bring chocolate for the guys"
"i think i'm not joining you guys, i think i'll just stay at home - it's miserable enough to be alone on this day"
"i'm planning on a quiet night on v-day"

cheesy huh? .. well - that's some comments I read/heard from people I know or don't know. I know some people make a great deal of valentine's day and some don't - it's your freedom of choice. But I don't think you have to be self loathing just because you have no plan or still single on that day. Did I ever make deal of valentine's day? Well of course I did. During my junior high school I did make cards and gave it to my friends - its fun and as I aged *sigh* I get to know more and more about this valentine history - history, cultural, religion, and social wise.
I still took advantage of it during my Uni years though where me, my roommate, and another friend of mine had a small parcel business during this day. It's quite fun for us to be creative on how to balance the parcel, how to get the cheapest rose etc - we actually made profit, not much but still a profit.
2 years ago me & my flatmate went to a movie during this day and we decided not to go for late night movies on V-day as most girls wearing pink with a bouquet of flower on their hand *lol*
Just came back from lunch, surprisingly I didn't see that much flower seller or people with bouquet on their hand this year. I only saw a handful delivery man in my office building, unlike all other years. But there's something new too this year - On my way to the train station this morning, I saw a big heart shape with the word 'Celebrate Love' being hung on the trees along the road. Cheesy indeed..

Ah well, one thing for sure - I for one am going to watch TV tonight as they're airing Love Actually again on cable and Im kinda into Collin Firth nowadays. I dunno there's something with these brits that I find interesting. Matthew McFayden proves it more with his performance in Pride&Prejudice. Oh and one more - I'm glad that CocaCola celebrates valentine's day by giving away free light coke since yesterday ... I'm in heaven ..

2 comments:

juwi said...

haha..CocaCola is the best gift one can get for Valentine's day, eh?
BTW, Nana ultah, kan..

Simply Baby said...

nah - its a best give for every single day! coca cola paired with chocolate .. *nyam*