Thursday, March 03, 2016

Ambitious

I always think I am a laid back person, but as the year goes by I realized one thing - I am ambitious!

So, I am just a team member in my new job. I can see few colleagues, one who joined on the same time as me leading the team. I know I can do that job, I have been leading and managing a job and I am itchy to do it again. But I also admitted the fact that this industry, this domain knowledge is very new to me whereas the team lead has all the experience already - either from within this company, or from the industry.

So I told myself this - give me 2 years to be greedy and learning everything there is to learn; then move on. To another team? To another firm? I have no clue.
If it's within the same firm, I would like to move back to investigations although my background is data. To be honest, I want a job that allows me to travel - unfortunately though the pay is much better, this place doesn't involved travelling.

I have gone through the list of available jobs in the market and I think I am to be a head of either risk or compliance related role. I know I can do it, all I need is the opportunity and the strong will to never give up.

But for now, I'll focus on learning.

No comments: