Thursday, January 24, 2008

Believe It Or Not

me and hp attended the ibm conference at marriott today. before leaving we entered the "hall of predictions" where people can try their luck on palm reading, face reading, chinese horoscope reading, and tarot card reading. honestly, i don't believe in all these because for me fate is only in the hand of God, but that doesn't mean i can't try for fun, right? hehe ...
i chose the tarot card 'cos i'm always intrigue by this. 'bismillah' i shuffled the card, put it down and started to distract the reader with questions on how long he studied this, why he studied this etc. he was nice to answer all my questions while looking at the cards i chose. hmm, first question - "are you singaporean?" no. and he pointed at the card where there's a group of people sitting in a boat in the middle of the ocean - okay well, coincidence. the 2nd statement kinda caught me by surprise and then everything else that came out of his mouth made me smiled and wondered as well. it's not something out of the ordinary, there's some things he said that made me feel like saying 'duh, that happens to everyone' out loud, but it was fun and surprisingly it coincides with what's on my mind. one think he said that made me nodded my head was when he mentioned about me getting distance from my belief. i totally agree with this and i really need to fix this fast.
it was a fun reading and honestly i don't know if i should feel a slight regret doing it. knowing myself better i know i'll have his words spinning in my head for quite some time.
pic. courtesy of yahoo.com (howstuffworks.com)

No comments: