Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Contented

i feel very contented with how my day was. nothing much, nothing special, but that doesn't mean i can't feel blessed and contented right?
boss came back from her 2 weeks leave, hence the end of our "freedom" as well. she went out of her room asking if any of us haven't submit the leave form. since i applied 1/2 day for dec 26th but took 1 day instead i went to her room asking for my form. she has submitted it so i took a new one and gave it to her. few minutes afterwards she went to my place with the form saying, "take this, you've already submitted, no need to submit this". sweet boss, isn't she? well, i still keyed 1 day in my timesheet so if HR did some comparison (which unlikely so) it's not going to change anything but still, sweet boss isn't she?
since my goal is to lose weight and i'm in the mood for that i decided to do some quick shopping during lunch - getting myself a pair of sports shoes to replace the one that failed me recently. i was really in the mood so i went to the shop and discussed about my requirements - weekly run less than 10 click, could be more than once a week soon, preparing myself for a longer distance run. yeah right, i was in the mood and i hope the mood stays, eh. they did some leg analysis (which apparently required me to walk back and forth like a model) and gave me some recommendation. i ended up with a pair with a "rollover" kinda thing. though i wasn't very happy with the design i still bought that for its advantage. i went back with a pair of shoe and a new knowledge about my feet and the reason i am prone to ankle injury. this shoe will solely be used for running due to it's specs and i have to make an effort of picking up the shoe in the gym locker for my tennis sessions. well, additional effort but for my own well-being.
the shoe was put into test in the evening when i do my weekly run. due to the construction of singapore flyer and stuff resulted in the closure of certain area of esplanade park that we had to run along the main road, we decided to change the route. empress place - boat quay - clarke quay - ue square and back. but the distance seems shorter that we continued up to river valley (robertson walk) and turned back. i was breatheless for sure due to no exercise for the past few weeks. it was a good run indeed and we decided to stick with this route.
done with running we went to dinner at these nepalese restaurant. so much for nepalese, they only have 4 nepalese snacks and the rest are western food. ordered pakora which is basically curried chicken bakwan (though they used chickpea flour) but it tasted quite nice. called my ex-flatmate in case she wanted to join since it's around her area but no reply. but then we ended up paying her a visit as she extended an invitation to drop by, so why not eh. back home afterwards ...
1/2 day free leave - new shoes - nice run - nice food - nice ending. do i need more reason to be contented?

No comments: