Monday, January 07, 2008

The Curse of a Goal

during new year i mentioned that my goal is to lose weight and to start it fast. the morning while we're packing up there's few chips left and since i was the one bringing chips of course they asked me to bring it back. i was still contemplating when one of them straightaway said no to me bringing it back as my goal is to lose weight. fine, i was and still am glad to him for reminding me so. i hope the others keep on helping me by reminding me, however harsh it is i will accept it.
today i was given a looong lecture from another friend after putting 'that is a wonderful briyani' on my msn personal message. basically she was advising me on the proper way of eating - cutting carbs, more lean meat, more veggie etc etc. i actually kinda know all this already, hello .. i used to be an avid atkins practitioner before moving to a more healthier south beach diet girl. i don't think anyone will ever believe me if i say i used to be 12kgs lighter. of course i accepted all the advise happily 'cos that's one way of caring that she shows to me, and i appreciate it. i hope each and everyone of my friends will keep on reminding me if i ever go overboard. and yes i am starting a healthy lifestyle bit by bit. i'm going to be discipline with my workout and start watching my diet again. i might not be able to go back to doing south beach diet but i will definitely control my intake. sometimes sharing your goal is a good thing as people can help you achieve it by reminding you about it. yes it might get irritating at times but still the bottom line is they care! so thank you for the caring and i hope i won't disappoint you guys....
ps. while writing this a text came in asking me to join the running session tomorrow, which i decline 'cos i do have my own session eh

No comments: