Friday, September 28, 2007

This Red Dot

it is a known fact on how efficient singapore government is, but somehow it still amaze me.
why? here are some of my personal experience:

  • went to ICA during lunch time to get my multiple re-entry stamp transferred to a new one. left the office 45 mins earlier to get this settled. well, it only takes 10 mins to do so. i didn't bring my card, and if it happens back home they will ask me to come back with the card. but here? 'if you look at your card, there's your old passport number. next time bring and get it change okay'. i still got the stamp transferred
  • my sister received a letter from the government. it's regarding my nephew - a citizen born between 2001 and 2002 which means he has to commence primary one in 2008. but there's no information that my nephew has registered to any school, hence the letter. if there's another arrangement done for him, we have to report it - including the name and address of the school, if he's residing oversea. you see!! they keep track of education
  • few months back my sister received another letter from the government. she has 2 kids who are citizen and yet she hasn't apply for the baby bonus scheme. she was then requested to submit the birth certs of her kids to be processed for it. they even keep track when you haven't claim your right *read:money* as a citizen
if all these are not efficiency, enlighten me.

2 comments:

Dodol Surodol said...

Setuju banget. Waktu itu gua musti perpanjang PR en nggak nyimpen tax assessment 3 taon seperti diminta. Akhirnya cuti sehari, maksudnya buat ngurus ini-itu.

Eh, ternyata nggak nyampe mamam siang udah beres semua. Udah termasuk ke IRAS dulu padahal, nge-print ulang.

Canggih.

Simply Baby said...

kapaan ya Indo bisa begini :-?