Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Priorities

a friend is having a difficult time deciding what she's going to do. what she has to sacrifice. family-work-life balance.
it's easy for me to tell her where her priorities should lie but after talking more about it i can't help but wonder too. what if it happens to me. i always said that my priorities will always be my family, but ...
  • how many times have i postponed/cancelled my weekend trip home just because there's something going on in this tiny red dot?
  • how many times have i been in a situation where i am physically there but my mind is wandering to another place?
  • how many times did i do things half and half just so that i can be with friends but still doing my part as a relatives?
  • how many times i pled mum to skip whatever not-so-important relative thingy she wanted me to attend just so that i can do other activities?

yes i have my priorities straight when it comes to important matters, but i have to admit that sometimes there's a small part of me wishing i'd be somewhere else.
when it comes to a matter of life and death the answer is simple. you might not even have to choose an option 'cos you might have none.
but what if it isn't? something for me to ponder...

No comments: