Thursday, September 06, 2007

Clothes Hunting

the wedding is in 2 days and i have no clothes to wear! not after mum firmly said no to my intention on wearing the same punjabi i wore during my sister's wedding last november. none of my clothes fit me and the ghagras she brought just don't attract me - one is dark purple and the other one was a bit kinda old design. okay, yeah i am fussy. after having some discussion it appears that some of my relatives will be following the dress code which is black, white, or pink as well. and the guys are wearing kurthas on saturday! i know my sister and few aunties won't follow that but since i'm thinking of getting one, why not right.
so i went to little india during lunch break. had lunch and went up to the tekka market afterwards. as usual, i am always left clueless after seeing loads and loads of clothes there. i had a difficult time finding one that fits my requirement, black ghagra-simple-with sleeve-not shiny. those that i like either doesn't come in black or too shiny. after walking around in circles several time i decided to bring mum here tomorrow. on my way back to office i stopped at stylemart. i know they cater for the high-end side but i'm just curious on seeing it. the 1st question they asked as soon as i entered the place was if i am the bride. haha, i said no and after giving them my preference she brought me around the place. none to my liking as i want something simple and not shiny. i know ghagra is meant for night time, hence it's difficult to find one that fits my requirement. she then showed me the ready-made saree, in the sense that its already sewn as a skirt and all you need to do is simply wrap the trail across your torso. i tried it and to be honest - i love it! but hey, i wasn't there for saree. ended up looking at the cotton punjabis and of course leaving there empty handed.
oh well... there goes my hunting. worst case, i'll wear whatever i have for saturday and used the ghagra mum brought for sunday. now i can't help but think of the saree and that maroon ghagra.

No comments: