Thursday, May 17, 2007

Happy Anniversary..

today marks the 8th year of me working in singapore. sewindu. 8 years and 3 days after leaving my job in batam. 8 years 10 months after leaving home to work in batam. 8 years 10 months of curbing myself from walking out of the door and go home when the loneliness strikes, just like what i normally do during my uni days.
8 years passed by just like that. the initial plan was to work for 2 years, further my study then think of what's next. ended up with furthering my study here, still working in the same company - well okay, 2 different company theoretically, still staying at the same place though in a different room, and co-incidentally weighing the same weight.
i remember my first day at the office. i remember the clothes that i wore. the shoes and bag that i used. my 1st lunch break. my first encounter with the tea lady. dang, i even remember what my boss wore on that day. i remember receiving my 1st payslip, very embarassing that even the HR people laughed at me after i told them what i did with that payslip. boy, i still tell this story when someone is down with embarassment. what a memory ....
for how much longer will i stay here? will i stay here for good? will i go home? will i move somewhere else before going back home? will i move somewhere else for good? only God knows the answer. for now, i just want to treasure every second of my life, noticing all those small things that comes along the way, making each step meningful one, and hopefully leaving a good trail behind.
ps. today is jordan's birthday too .. kekeke.

No comments: